This recipe is contributed by Veronica, author of the blog My Catholic Kitchen!
This is a quick and easy meatless meal! Mushrooms add a great, meaty taste to this comforting dish, and it’s guaranteed to satisfy even the biggest carnivore. I promise they won’t miss the meat! The addition of sour cream lends a lightness to the overall recipe and the creamy sauce complements the texture of the mushrooms. For an even lighter version of this hearty recipe, you can use reduced fat sour cream.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 tsp garlic
1 tbsp thyme
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 lb of assorted mushrooms
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 vegetable bouillon
1 cup water
1/2 cup wine
1 cup sour cream
1 lb cooked wide egg noodles
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until they are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute longer. Add the thyme, soy sauce and mushrooms. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir the bouillon, water and wine in the skillet. Heat to boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Allow to reduce for about 30 minutes. (It should be reduced to about half).
- Add the sour cream. Cook and stir until the mixture is incorporated.
- Serve over hot noodles.