This post is contributed by Amy, author of the blog Oh, Bite It!
Out of all the goodies that go hand in hand with this time of year, nothing compares to a comforting, plump & tender, ooey-gooey Dumpling. Until you’ve had a warm Pumpkin Dumpling that’s dripping in Ice Cream, you haven’t lived! A soft, tender, doughy pillow, just begging to be soaked up with as much delicious goodness as you’re willing to drench them in!
These heavenly Dumplings melt in your mouth with all of those unbelievably sweet & slightly spicy Pumpkin Pie flavors, that just scream Fall with each warm and succulent bite! And they’re SO super simple! Change up your typical Pumpkin Pie and serve up a nice warm bowl of these Dumplings with a big cold scoop of Ice Cream for an unforgettable holiday or any day dessert! You can even turn this dessert into a grown-up treat simply by adding some Bourbon into the simmering Caramel sauce.
Pumpkin Pie Dumplings
- 1 tube of Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits (each biscuit makes 4 plump dumplings, you may not need the whole tube!)
- 1 jar of caramel sauce (about 1 cup..or so)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. (or more) of bourbon (optional)
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ice cream for topping
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, stir and simmer the caramel sauce, water and optional Bourbon.
- Drop a few dumplings at a time into the simmering caramel sauce. They will plump up! Gently flip them to make sure that each side gets evenly coated & plumped. They will be firm when they’re done (approx. 3-5 minutes).
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg into a shallow bowl. When the dumplings are plump and tender, toss each one into the crumb/spice mixture, coating them evenly.
- Serve them warm with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of the reduced caramel sauce!
Want more indulgent recipes from Amy? Follow Oh, Bite It! on Facebook.