This post is contributed by Amy, author of the blog Oh, Bite It!
Let me just start by saying these are dangerously simple to make, but if you’re not able to immediately go to your kitchen and do this like now, then at the very least put them on your “one serving per lifetime” bucket list!
I’ll do my best to explain these cinnamon rolls with a long run-on sentence filled with verbs. Here we go:
Crunchy deep fried Bacon that becomes one with crispy yet tender & fluffy fried cinnamon rolls, dusted lightly with cinnamon sugar while they’re still warm, creating a golden, sweet and spicy shellac around the entire bite, then they’re generously drizzled with ooey gooey maple frosting that takes you to a flavor paradise of which you’ve never been before or could ever hope to return to again! Whew!
Fried Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
makes 16 small rolls
1 tube Pillsbury cinnamon rolls (and the included frosting)
1/2 pound bacon
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup cinnamon sugar (3 1/2 tbsps sugar + 1/2 tbsp cinnamon)
oil for frying
- Un-roll each cinnamon roll and cut them in half. Roll them each back up, making 2 small rolls.
- In a small bowl mix the enclosed frosting with the maple syrup until it’s well combined.
- Cut the bacon strips in half and wrap each small Cinnamon Roll with one 1/2 strip, securing it with a toothpick.
- Make sure that they’re all well secured with the toothpicks before frying them.
- In a medium pot heat up approx. 3″ of oil.
- Fry the rolls up in batches of 3 until they’re golden, puffed and firm…oh the smell, ahhh!
- Sprinkle them with some cinnamon sugar while they’re warm and add a nice drizzle of the maple frosting.
*Remember to remove all the toothpicks before serving.
Want more indulgent recipes from Amy? Follow Oh, Bite It! on Facebook.