Ever made a farinata?
It’s a simple blend of chickpea flour, water, olive oil, a touch of sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and a bit of fresh rosemary.
A protein-packed dish that is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
Perfect atop salads.
Or mixed into stir-fries.
Or, if you’re like me, you can enjoy this dish alone with a spoon, a dollop of ripe avocado and a sprinkling of chopped cherry tomatoes.
It’s fun and tasty.
Something new to add to your meals.
Think of it this way…
It’s a cute, new protein that can be enjoyed in so many ways.
Gluten-Free and Vegan
1 cup chickpea flour
2 cups cold water
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/3 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 500° F.
2. Place a pizza stone in the oven to warm.
3. Combine chickpea flour and water; whisk well to combine. Add sea salt, pepper, olive oil and rosemary. Set aside for 1 hour at room temperature.
4. Place 4 ramekins on warm pizza stone and heat 15 minutes in the oven.
5. Remove ramekins from oven, spray with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer chickpea mixture into hot pan. Return to oven; bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove ramekins from oven; set aside to cool. Slice farinata into chunks or strips.
7. Serve atop vegetables, salads or whole grains.
Need pairing ideas? Ask away!